Friday, June 15, 2012

Life? by Egigayehu Ashagre

              “When life gives you 100 reasons to cry, show life that you have 1000 reasons to smile.” Life will be a struggle but try to be strong. If life makes you fall down to earth by losing what you have, be thankful and do not cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow because today is not the end of the world.  Living is like being a student. When you are a student, teachers will give you a test to measure what you know.  So if you did your work you will get a good grade. In our lives, God will give us a test to measure how strong we are. Life for me would be pitch dark if I lost my mom because she is my eyes.


            What my mother has done for me cannot be measured.  My mom held me in her stomach for 9 months. She watched her feet swell. She struggled to climb stairs. She got breathless quickly, and she suffered many sleepless nights.  She loves me despite what I have done to her.  She became my nurse, my teacher, my chef, my valet and my friend with love.  



            My mom is one of my teachers.  She never went to school.  She has no idea about school or being a student.  My mom doesn’t know how to read or write because when she was a kid nobody let her to go to school.  At that time there was discrimination.  Girls were treated inferior to boys. So at that time they must stay at home and help their families, but boys could go to school and could do whatever they wanted to do.  Boys had more freedom than girls.  She didn’t get a chance to go to school, but she encouraged me go.  


She didn’t want me to stay at home, she gave me a chance to learn.  Her hope is for me not to be like her; to be a smart student, to achieve my goals. She told me to focus only on my education and the other things of life will be after, when I achieve my goals.  I promise to myself to do what she wants to me to do because I want to make her very happy and very proud of me.  She teaches me about love and how to be a nice person for others.  That is why I say she is my teacher.



         My mom is my role model by her kindness, showing love, helping others and not being greedy.  I love her personality.  Always I want to be like her.  I love how she is full of goodness.  The thing is that I love that she remembers where she has been, no matter for her where she is now because she was poor.  That time of her life is like a big mountain for her.  It was hard to climb the mountain.  She did not care about herself, instead she cared about me.  She is not a greedy person, she is kind.  She doesn’t want to hurt people or make them sad.  She loves to help people who have nothing because she remembers where she has been.  If somebody asks her for something she doesn’t want to say no because she knows how life is.  If somebody says bad things to her, she is not going to say anything back but just ignore to them.  So my mom is my role model.   
     

         After she birthed me, she became selfless and she has struggled for me. When I cried, she cried with me.  When I was sick, she was sick with me.  When I smile, she will smile with me.  She did so many things for me that I can’t count.  When I think of her, I remember her laughing and she cooking for me.  Usually if I am not very hungry I don’t want to eat, but she tells me, “If you are not going to eat you will be sick.” Always when I come home from school, she knows that I am hungry.  She understands me before I speak.  


         When I was a little girl I had a few days with her.  At that time I were very happy because she gave me love and she bought whatever I wanted.  She understood me very well.  Then she left me with my grandmother and ran away to came to America.  I was carefree because I thought she would come back after a month, but she never came back.  When I thought of her, I cried a lot, got headaches, and slept.  When I saw other children with their mothers I felt deep sorrow and cried because my mom was not with me. I felt lonely.  After a long time, my mom called my grandmother and me.  When I heard her voice on the phone I could not control my tears. I could not say anything, and I was happy to hear her voice.  My mom told me that she would come back someday.  I had a dream to see my mom and to live with her.  After ten years, my mom came to see me and my grandmother. Then she started the process to take me to America, and after one year, I got my visa to come to America. I felt two things; happiness and sadness.  I was happy because my dream to live with my mom came true.  I felt sadness because I had to leave my grandmother.  Right now I live with my mom and I am so happy.



         Mom, I just want to let you know that every day I thank God for blessing me with a mother like you and if I had one wish I would wish that everyone else would at least have a mom as wonderful as you are.  You are not just my mom but one of my best friends. I love how you understand me and I can come to you for advice.  Thank you for always being here for me; I appreciate all that you give me.  Let me tell you that I love you too and want to be just like you. Like the great mother you are always my shining star. Mom, there is no word in the world that can describe you, saying I love you cannot describe you.  It’s not enough words.  Mom, let me tell you that I promise I will do that which you want to me to do.  The one thing that I always want to see is your happiness.  The one thing that I wish is to die before you die, because you are the most important person in my life.



              

No comments:

Post a Comment