Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tolstoy and Don Quixote by Edwin Jose Suriano Quevedo


Tolstoy and Don Quixote
Assignment # C20
FCA 1 Evidence (*Ev) Edwin J Suriano Quevedo
FCA 2 Organization 3/20/12
FCA 3 Paragraph transitions Period 4


Introduction

Cervantes and Tolstoy they both give to the humanity a good message.  Even though they both are great characters, but also they have some differences.  Don Quixote lived in a fantasy world.  Tolstoy lived in a real world.  Some people will agree me that they are good characters.  There will be people who says they are okay.  The true is they both put people to think about different situations.  How the world should be or how we should live our life.


Reflexividad

Sometimes we think about the way the world is and the way it should be.  Well, first of all it depends in who says and what is the point of view they see it from.  If some people says, what does it tell us and how we should live our lives. I’m sure everyone has different opinions.  When I read both stories by Cervantes and by Tolstoy my opinion changed a little bit.  I have my own opinion about these great questions.  The story of Don Quixote and Master Man were very “reflexivas”.  This is a Spanish word that does not have an exact English equivalent.  They are stories that make you think deeply. Don Quixote loved his library and his books, conversely Vasili had a dream of being in church. (*Ev)

Don Quixote

What Don Quixote will say responding to that question is follow your heart. Do what you believe, and let the people express their thoughts.  “Some take the broad road of overweening ambition; others that of mean and servile flattery. Others that of deceitful hypocrisy, and some that of true religion; but I led by my star, follow the narrow path of knight-errantry ” Don Quixote says (pg 7-L66). (*Ev) Don Quixote was very brave and prideful.  He did not care what people would say about him.  He believed in himself and his valor.  Similarly, as I do believe in myself, I don’t care what people think about me, but I hear, and I forget.  I see, and I remember, I do, and I understand for myself.

Self opinion  

The way I will answer that question for myself is, live your life crazy, lovely, satisfied and happy doing the good things.  In terms of both characters and mine.  Everyone has a fate designed since we born.  During our life there are many things that we have to face up.  The world is the way it is.  People have different opinions about how it should be.  But I guess the world is the way it ought to be.  If everything is perfect, then we won’t go for something new.  The world is not perfect, but has a lot of mysteries, and we should find answers to that.  Tolstoy believed in mysteries too.  (M & M L80) (*Ev)

Conclusion

Cervantes and Vasili are both give to the humanity a “reflexivo” message.  Don Quixote lived a unique life, and he is an example in how life is great to live in our world.  I believe that if everyone knew the meaning of life, the world ought to be different.  Some people may have different way to see what surround them.  Everyone has a fate, since you born till you died.  In life there are many stages, we just have to know how to jump them up
.

1 comment: