Sunday, June 10, 2012

College Scholarship Essay by Matu Paasawe


College Scholarship Essay 
by Matu Paasawe

There are two women in my life that have saved me from despair. They live in my heart. The first one is Mandu.  She is my auntie from Guinea.  The second is Aisha who is my sister in America.

My life is very difficult. I’ve been through a lot of problems.  I came from Liberia where life isn’t to easy there.  I lived in Liberia for 3 years then I moved to Guinea, where I stayed with my auntie for 13 years.  My life was very hard because there was no one to help me.  My auntie was very poor.  She was not able to pay my school fee.  I did not go to school. My aunt always told me to ask people for help but I didn’t  like to ask because I was shy.  My aunt always told me, that one day in my life that I will be a happy and successful woman.  I just have to keep trying,  and believing that I will be fine.  After 16 years of life in Africa, I came to America.  America helped me change and made me a better person.  I learned to read and write, and became more independent.   In America I stayed with my mom, but my mother put me out and I had to find a way of Iiving for myself.  I finally reconnected with my sister.  She isn’t my real family, but she has been great to me.  She isn’t rich but she tries her best for me, and she does everything for me.  She makes me go to school and  she makes me try my hardest.  She tells me to go to school, and make my mom regret putting me out and giving up on me.

         If you accept me in to your college I will try my hardest.  I will work hard to be a successful, educated woman so that I can help my aunt and sister so they won’t have to struggle anymore and they can be proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment